Sunday, October 3, 2010

Waiting for Superman

Has anyone seen the Oprah Show about Waiting for Superman. It is so sad that I have to go buy a new TV because I just put my foot through this one.

It is my contention that the biggest problem in schools are the kids who are coming from the homes with negligent parents. There was NO MENTION of this in any of the blame.

Of course, it is the teacher's fault. They seem to think if we keep the students for a couple more hours, they will become great students. !@#@!#$@#$%#$%#$%#@$

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Steve. As a balance, Oprah needs a program with educators - teachers in urban classrooms, who really are the unsung heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! If parents took the time to care about their kid's education, there would be a big difference as well. I had a student ask me to put his 100 test grade up on the wall in my classroom. I told him to take it home and put it on his fridge and he said his parents didn't care anyway. Needless to say his paper hung on my wall until the end of the school year last year. He would come up sometimes and point to it being so proud. A couple of extra hours in a classroom isn't what he needed, it was parents who cared and thankfully he had teachers who cared about him and he finished high school.

    Have you gotten a new TV yet? :-)

    ReplyDelete